Arroz Con Pollo
- 1 lb Chicken parts cut in small pieces
- 2-1/2 cups rice
- Chicken broth powder
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups water
- 1 Tsp of Yellow Curry
- ½ Onion
- Half bunch cilantro
- Half bunch parsley
- Olive oil
- 1 Can Sweet Peas
- 6 Cloves of garlic
- Seasoned Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olives, Radish, Avocado, Tomato for salad side dish
- Plantains to make patacones(double fried plantains)
- Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour in vinegar, season salt, & black pepper.
- Fry chicken in olive oil till brown on both sides.
- Cut up Cilantro, Parsley, Onion, Garlic.
- Sautee in pan till tender.
- Add water and coconut milk to cooking pot.
- Add powdered broth to pot and season salting to taste.
- Add curry to taste to pot.
- Add sautéed seasoning, chicken, and rice.
- Bring pot to a boil, simmer and cover for about 20 to 30 minutes
- Fold in 1 can sweet peas gently.
Enjoy my version of Arroz con pollo.
If you are interested in other Panamanian treats, check quite a few more out here.
[…] asked several iReporters to create a video making one of their favorite foods. I prepared “Arroz Con Pollo“, chicken with rice. This is one of my favorite dishes from my country, […]
[…] hot pepper sauce enhances all kinds of our “native” foods including Arroz con Pollo, Arroz con Bacalao, and many others. Be prepared to sweat as you eat […]